Thursday, June 15, 2006

IIFA or Ice Cream?

Guess what? Biharis want to go for IIFA awards happening here at Dubai. One of them was impatiently looking at the photos of IIFA given in the newspaper.
Bihari: “Dekhu tho zara kaun kaun aaya hai?

Me: “ Kya Bath hai Nehal Bhai? Aapka gaun se koyi aaya hai kya?”

Hyenas howl in chorus.

And he ended up looking at the last page where the names of sponsors are given. What’s next? The telephone rings at the S & R FZE (being one of the many sponsors). Unfortunately, he knows them and he is looking for a free ticket for the show.

“Bebo, IIFA dekhna hai?” Bebo smiles. She gets a smile back too.
“Tickets are 550 Dirhams” Bebo thinks. One Baskin Robbins ice cream=10 dirhams. 30 days a month=300 dirhams Only.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea. What is so special about these actors? Anyways we have to watch them in movies right? No big deal”

IIFA cancelled. But did anyone talk about ice cream?

Rewinding 3 hours of day:

1-year-old nephew crawls over me as if he is struggling to cross the Indo-Pak border.
Mom is going to elder sis home for weekend.
Gives me the weirdest look I have seen on her face.

If ever the 5 seconds long stare lasted for 2 more seconds I would have been forced to get out of my bed and convince her “ No Mumma! I am not working with Bin Laden anymore. I am just helping Rehan for the Kashmir freedom.”

Perhaps she wanted to hint me that she is angry for informing her late about the party at college in the evening. We 1st years and 2nd years are giving a farewell party to the 3rd years. Few girls are planning sari for the evening and you know I strongly feel that for parties one should always go for Salwar khameez or anything of that type. It would be so difficult to move around with the 5 and ½ meter long cloth wrapped around you, and the uncomfortable feeling in mind whenever a guy comes and stands on you left side. I would certainly prefer something more comfortable.

“No Darsh! Don’t be jealous now. I know you badly wanted a sari for the party, which you couldn’t plan well and it turned out to be a flop”
“Come on Jaz! I am girl with all feelings like a girl.”

For all who are not aware, Jaz is my best friend and she understands how much I wanted a black chiffon sari with lots of beadwork and embroidery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home