Saturday, June 17, 2006

Red Carpet-Row No:10, Seat No: 15

I went for the IIFA Awards last evening at the Airport Expo Dubai. My seat was exactly 10 rows behind the celebrities, and trust me I didn’t feel anything less than a celebrity.

The show was great no doubt. You must have already read the reviews in newspapers and I guess Star plus will soon telecast the show. I feel happy that I got to witness such a grand function and that too in the red carpet, to see almost all the stars of the Bollywood and a few from the south Indian film industry.

Though I was rolled up in a glittering 5 ½ meter lengthy cloth and there was a guy sitting on my left, I was very comfortable watching the stars perform just 15 steps away from me. Except for the lady sitting on my right staring at my hands/ fingers for whatever reason I couldn’t guess and the guilty feeling in mind for not having the camera with me, not even a pen and paper. Felt helpless. Just the way I felt when I met Aamir Khan last week. We spent the whole night talking to each other, walking together in an unknown place, and I woke up to realize that it was just a dream. Mere black & white sapno ko Rang De Aamir.

Towards the end of show, I felt so drowsy that even Hrithik, dancing on his latest Krishh songs, couldn’t stop my falling eyelids. Being seated very close to the stage, the high volume music and the light effects were too much for my beautiful eyes to get dry and head to ache. I slept off in the car while going back home.

Even naughty kids would look innocent while sleeping with their mouth open. Anyone would love to gently move their chin up to see the lips together.

“I wanted to look mature that’s why I chose this big round red bindiya with sari.”

“Bebo, you know what? You still look like a kid.”

1 Comments:

At 4:58 pm, Blogger ~Nayan~ said...

why you want to look mature..:(:(
puerile days are the best days in one's life....

If I get an opportunity to make a machine
then that would be a "time freezer"
I miss my days of innocence
Foolhardy friends
Sloppy games
Mother's tender touch
and bla bla bla.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home