Sunday, July 09, 2006

Brazil Vs Financial Accounting

Brazil lost the World Cup Football Match 2006 and I lost the Financial Accounting paper. Next England lost & I look forward to the Cost Accounting. Attempting the Financial paper was the good & sincere student in me. The sincerity let me finish the exam in 1 hour & the goodness let me wait for another 1 hour in the examination hall.

That 1-hour took me back to the farewell party at my school. Our vice principal recited a poem of her own, and we had no choice but to wait patiently till she finishes. The examination hall and the party had two things in common.

1) Silence & helplessness
2) The chair was exactly the same

Sitting on that chair was painful for 3 years at school, imagine sitting on it stiff & quietly listening to someone pouring out her inner most feelings in a typical mallu way of reciting poems, stretching the words & a pale look on face due to lack of breath between lines.

I had enough of time to read the instructions for students printed behind the hall ticket & it helped me build confidence to ask the teacher if I could leave the hall. As I expected she replied:

“We generally don’t let the students leave early. You wait till 12.30. Ok”

“But ma’am this hall ticket says that the student can leave the examination hall after 30 minutes from commencement of the exam”

Her mind spoke- “What is wrong with you girl? You want to put me in trouble?”

“Ok ok! If it’s urgent you may leave”

Will never forget that day- The most horrible exam I have given in my life & the noodles I had that day for lunch.(I didn’t really have it completely)

Bebo hates peanuts & peanuts in noodles. Yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home