Sunday, July 30, 2006

“Mema, you got a cool collection of Frisbees”

Had a boring weekend with an additional leave on Saturday. I was not feeling good that morning and slept a little late. After one hour of thinking & rethinking I decided not to go to office that day and words like-Bebo just relax at home for a day. You are not taking proper care of yourself. I don’t want you to go to office today etc just made me say:

“Sir, I am not feeling well today. I need a day off.”

Got a little bored in the morning but then it was fine. Watched the cartoon ‘Bambi’ with my niece who is always excited to watch it even though she has seen it more than 75 times. Bambi (well if your wondering it’s a baby reindeer) doesn’t have a mother reindeer and is sad throughout the story when he sees his friends getting the care and love from their moms. Sad isn’t it. Even I felt it. Even my niece felt it. Finally after watching the cartoon twice with all that sympathy feeling over flowing towards the motherless Bambi my niece slept in my arms by evening.

Kids are sweet always. Though I lose my temper sometimes, I have changed a lot in the past one year. And it’s the innocence of my nephew that has helped me change this way. Honestly he is one of the smartest kids I have seen. Something special about him is that every time he looks into my eyes, I feel like he wants to tell me lots of things. No jokes! Unlike other children I have seen till date, he is very expressive. If he likes 3 things in the world it would be:

1) My attractive Nokia 9300 communicator (you can call it fridge or brick)
2) My CD collections (He thinks those are Frisbees that he saw Ash playing with in the Lux Advertisement.).
3) Drink water and more water.

I wish life was that easy for me just the way it is for him. I really need to learn to control the unwanted thoughts that I generally entertain a lot. Advice me if you think I should join the Art of Living classes immediately.

3 Comments:

At 3:43 pm, Blogger ~Nayan~ said...

wow!!
what a coincidence, believe me
Infact few of my friends too suggested me to join ART OF LIVING
I am wondering how come art of living went all straight from india to dubai!!
But unfortunately wont be able to join due to HUGEEEEEE work load
' last year hai naa engineering ka , isiliyeh '
well if u have spare time then go ahead,
they are excellent. I know because few of my friends
enjoyed the course and appreciated .

 
At 11:08 pm, Blogger Daroga said...

well...i dunno abt the course.... so no comments on that....
KIDS...yes.......they can teach u a lot... their precious innocence and the invaluable giggles can releive one out of the heaviest of depressions.... so for day-2-day tensions.... they r more than enuf.... smtimes i want to spend time with my cousins.... but academic constraints prevent me to do so... and i hav to be content only by listening to the news of their growing years.... sad naa

 
At 10:36 am, Blogger Bebo said...

Nayan, Dubai is a second home for Indians. Here you never feel that that ur in some foreign country. Anything & everything that you get in India is available here be it Art of living classes or even Kurkure.

Adarsh, I have heard that the course is very helpful, but u got to see the tutor Sri Ravi Shankar;a long beard and a strange smile. About kids they are the most innocent souls on earth and I have learned to be patient in life only becos of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home